Software Engineer- Data Platform
Who we are:
Competing in a data-driven world, most businesses struggle to capture real value from data and analytics. Data management constraints cause mid-size and large companies to miss key opportunities in the value chain. Companies are left vulnerable to underwhelming performance and encroachment by competitors.
A4 Systems is a world-class team of cyber physical system product developers, transforming quality data into primary competitive advantage. A trusted partner to industries like manufacturing, agriculture, and energy, A4 builds mission-critical SaaS products for customers to achieve breakthrough performance. We are currently recruiting for 2022.
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborate proactively with a distributed teams
- Write high quality code to create new features
- Debug issues and interact with upstream communities, in the open
- Work with helpful and talented engineers including experts in many fields
- Discuss ideas and collaborate on finding good solutions
Who you are:
- You are familiar with Kubernetes and believe it can be used for serious persistent data services
- You are a Python programmer that enjoys challenging projects in mission-critical environments
- You have an interest in open source database technologies like Postgres and Cassandra
- You are familiar with DevOps concepts and technologies
- Experienced with Linux
Salary range for this role is $70,000 - $116,000
- Excellent organization, planning and time management skills
- Capable of adapting quickly, manage multiple demands and competing priorities, deliver to deadlines
- Critical thinking
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams
- A desire to learn and grow professionally and personally
- Energy- contributing to a positive work environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Avid Learner
- Team building lunches every week
- Team building activities and company events
- Personal and professional development
- Open door policy
- Casual dress code
What's great in the job?
- The opportunity to work with a diverse group of like minded individuals who believe in the sharing of knowledge
- A management team that is hands-on with the projects
- An open door policy that enables that sharing of ideas
- A project based corporation where no two days are the same
Discover our products.
What We Offer
Each employee has a chance to see the impact of his work. You can make a real contribution to the success of the company.