Enterprise Data Eng
Who we are:
Competing in a data-driven world, most businesses struggle to capture real value from data and analytics. Data management constraints cause mid-size and large companies to miss key opportunities in the value chain. Companies are left vulnerable to underwhelming performance and encroachment by competitors.
A4 Systems is a world-class team of cyber physical system product developers, transforming quality data into primary competitive advantage. A trusted partner to industries like manufacturing, agriculture, and energy, A4 builds mission-critical SaaS products for customers to achieve breakthrough performance. We are currently recruiting for 2022.
What you'll be doing:
This is an excellent opportunity to develop practical solutions to real world industrial data problems. The focus is on backend development implementing data pipelines in a microservices environment without relying on GCP or AWS tooling. You will develop integrations with our ERP platform to customize and extend functionality.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop and test custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Develop testing framework and test model quality.
- Process large amounts of structured and unstructured data, including integrating data from multiple sources.
- Design experiments and collect data for the purpose of deriving data analytics insights and solutions
- Experiment with multiple Best Fit algorithms
- Design/develop an effective and scalable integrated solution within SQC or third party application integration
- Develop and design APIs
- Troubleshoot, debug, fix and upgrade software and ensure client software solution works robustly in the field
Who you are:
- Experience in the Open Source ecosystem is key along with proven ability to acquire new skills.
- Rapid implementation of solutions - with a focus on delivery followed by iterations to build on success.
- Ability to manage multiple technologies to create comprehensive backend solutions.
- Previous Dev’ Ops experience
3-5 years of Experience with the following:
- **Apache Kafka deal breaker
- **Apache Spark deal breaker
Nice to Have:
- Apache NiFi
- noSQL, ideally Cassandra
Salary range for this role is $80,000 - $120,000
- Excellent organization, planning and time management skills
- Capable of adapting quickly, manage multiple demands and competing priorities, deliver to deadlines
- Critical thinking
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams
- A desire to learn and grow professionally and personally
- Energy- contributing to a positive work environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Avid Learner
- Team building lunches every week
- Team building activities and company events
- Personal and professional development
- Open door policy
- Casual dress code
What's great in the job?
- The opportunity to work with a diverse group of like minded individuals who believe in the sharing of knowledge
- A management team that is hands-on with the projects
- An open door policy that enables that sharing of ideas
- A project based corporation where no two days are the same
Discover our products.
What We Offer
Each employee has a chance to see the impact of his work. You can make a real contribution to the success of the company.