Embedded Linux Kernel Developer
Who we are:
Competing in a data-driven world, most businesses struggle to capture real value from data and analytics. Data management constraints cause mid-size and large companies to miss key opportunities in the value chain. Companies are left vulnerable to underwhelming performance and encroachment by competitors.
A4 Systems is a world-class team of cyber physical system product developers, transforming quality data into primary competitive advantage. A trusted partner to industries like manufacturing, agriculture, and energy, A4 builds mission-critical SaaS products for customers to achieve breakthrough performance.
We are currently recruiting for all levels of experience (Jr, Intermediate, Sr.) in this role with a start date of Q1 2022.
What you'll be doing :
- Collaborate with hardware and software teams to analyze system interactions.
- Perform design and code tests and reviews and recommend improvements.
- Implement solutions to problems in our Linux Kernel software, using C, C++ and
Python programming languages.
- Understand, utilize, test, and debug the latest versions of the Linux Kernel
- Develop firmware algorithms to handle exceptional conditions and errors.
- Install and verify the firmware on embedded systems.
- Troubleshoot system, performance, and functional issues with firmware.
- Prepare reports on project status, issues and risks for management.
- Provide product support to customers promptly and accurately.
- Creation of data collection systems
Who you are:
- Hands-on experience with Linux Firmware, systems integration, and device integration
- Programming experience in C and Python
- Object oriented design experience
- Object oriented languages (C++) experience
- Ability to build data collection systems
Salary range for this role is $68,000 - $125,000
- Excellent organization, planning and time management skills
- Capable of adapting quickly, manage multiple demands and competing priorities, deliver to deadlines
- Critical thinking
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams
- A desire to learn and grow professionally and personally
- Energy- contributing to a positive work environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Avid Learner
- Team building lunches every week
- Team building activities and company events
- Personal and professional development
- Open door policy
- Casual dress code
What's great in the job?
- The opportunity to work with a diverse group of like minded individuals who believe in the sharing of knowledge
- A management team that is hands-on with the projects
- An open door policy that enables that sharing of ideas
- A project based corporation where no two days are the same
Discover our products.
What We Offer
Each employee has a chance to see the impact of his work. You can make a real contribution to the success of the company.