Who we are:
Competing in a data-driven world, most businesses struggle to capture real value from data and analytics. Data management constraints cause mid-size and large companies to miss key opportunities in the value chain. Companies are left vulnerable to underwhelming performance and encroachment by competitors.
A4 Systems is a world-class team of cyber physical system product developers, transforming quality data into primary competitive advantage. A trusted partner to industries like manufacturing, agriculture, and energy, A4 builds mission-critical SaaS products for customers to achieve breakthrough performance.
We are looking for a Data Scientist who will support our product development team with insights gained from analyzing company data. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets to improve business outcomes.
What you'll be doing:
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop and test custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Develop testing framework and test model quality.
- Process large amounts of structured and unstructured data, including integrating data from multiple sources.
- Design experiments and collect data for the purpose of deriving data analytics insights and solutions
- Experiment with multiple Best Fit algorithms
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
Who you are:
- Min. 3 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Previous experience working with Big Data is an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders
- Interest in predicting trends and identifying patterns
- Strong investigative and observation skills
- Critical thinking
- Familiar with the following software/tools:
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: Python, SLQ, etc.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
Salary: $80,000.00-$120,000.00 per year
- Excellent organization, planning and time management skills
- Capable of adapting quickly, manage multiple demands and competing priorities, deliver to deadlines
- Critical thinking
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams
- A desire to learn and grow professionally and personally
- Energy- contributing to a positive work environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Avid Learner
- Team building lunches every week
- Team building activities and company events
- Personal and professional development
- Open door policy
- Casual dress code
What's great in the job?
- The opportunity to work with a diverse group of like minded individuals who believe in the sharing of knowledge
- A management team that is hands-on with the projects
- An open door policy that enables that sharing of ideas
- A project based corporation where no two days are the same
Discover our products.
What We Offer
Each employee has a chance to see the impact of his work. You can make a real contribution to the success of the company.